Please check out this short video about the RI Silent Witnesses and the University of Rhode Island’s Peer Advocacy Center working together to remember victims of domestic violence. The statewide march on October 18th each year in Providence brings together all 8 Silent Witness projects around Rhode Island – 104 Silent Witness figures that tell the stories of the women, men + children that have been murdered in Rhode Island over the past 25 years. A powerful night of remembrance.
Category Archives: Domestic Violence Awareness
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month
YES. REMEMBER THE WOMEN. HONOR THEM. PLEDGE IN THEIR NAMES TO ELIMINATE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE HOMICIDES IN THIS COUNTRY BY THE YEAR 2010.
You are all to be commended for the hard work you do to make this such a special month for all of the Silent Witnesses, for their families and for this country.Let our special message this month be that we are healing this country of domestic violence.
- The murder rates are coming down and almost all the states are getting involved in the Results Projects. Silent Witness is becoming a household word.
- We are seeing perpetrators being healed in many states now with the new treatment models.
- We are seeing cooperation with the judges when they know we want to work with them. We are seeing communities that have more hope.
- We are involving more men in the healing process and in Silent Witness vigils. We are moving forward. We are healing ourselves.
- We are healing this country. You are all to be commended.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We love you angels. Please send us stories and anecotes about what happened to you during the month of October, or to other people who saw the Witnesses. It is so inspiring to hear the healing stories.